Wednesday, February 22, 2006

*Impetuous Act – Derived from Sensation of Dryness*

Back into my childhood, when I was six years old (If I’m not mistaken), I was confused by the coconut milk and dairy milk packaging. Still remember, it was a hot sunny evening, no one was at home accept my brother and I – My grandma was working as a babysitter, so left two of us in the house. I opened up the old-model fridge (I bet you never seen before; it was made of steel, heavier than ordinary / modern fridge, certain parts already rusted) and searched for something cooling and nutritious to quench my thirsty throat.

I shifted the plastic bag containing left-out food to the other side on the top tray, took out the pickles which were made by my grandma and placed it on the lower tray, removed… At the end, I found a unique (in the sense of colours and design) small size rectangle packaging, with the big written word “Milk” placed at the corner of the fridge. Heedlessly, I just took it out from the fridge, cut the corner edge along the dotted line and directly poured into my mouth. As for your information, it was quite a large quantity in one pour.

Once I was about to swallow the milk, I found it odd – not sweet, taste awkward, a little salty and diluted. When I studied carefully on the packaging, finally I saw a small picture of coconut and coconut tree, plus the Italized “Coconut” word which was quite small, written on top of the “Milk”. Sigh. I didn’t puke, but took it as a lesson for being not cautious with what I’d did.

Or, I can say, maybe that day was too hot, stuffy, thus making me a little dizzy till I never thought of reading the label of the product.

(I’ve forgotten the brand of the coconut milk, these are only the substitute pictures)

p/s: Always be the smart consumer! Be vigilant! Hahaha

No comments: