Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Iron Chefs have born! Bravo!




Yesterday I was ‘invited’ to cook spaghetti at Vifa’s place. Hui Sia and Myzura were invited too. The day before we went there, I ordered Vifa to buy / prepare those ingredients since I would reach her place around 1330. The ingredients bought were, Tomato puree, corn flour, spaghetti, fresh tomatoes, button mushroom and minced beef.

Once I arrived at Vifa’s place, they were having French fries while waiting for me. Obviously they were hungry, at least they got to fill up their stomach first. I felt bad actually, but I’d no choice since I was following my dad’s car.

To commence, first, I divided tasks to each them. I taught Myzura to marinate the minced beef, and how much should the seasoning pour into the mixture and so on. Vifa was shredding the cheese and preparing utensils for us. Hui Sia cut, chopped, minced the onion and garlic. I cut the tomatoes, opened the canned food, boiled water to soften the spaghetti. It took me more than 15 minutes to cook the spaghetti, although it stated on the packaging that 13 minutes would be cooked (I tasted for several times just to ensure it’s completely cooked). They were all waiting for me, as we only had one gas stove. Too bad. It took us about 45 minutes to cook spaghetti, as well as the gravy. I taught Myzura to cook the gravy, but she was so unconfident when I was around. That’s weird. She’s seemed like a lady who doesn’t know how to cook (LOL). After everything was done, finally we could sit down and ready to serve.

Guess what, this was my first time to teach them how to cook spaghetti. Yet, it tasted good. Not bad, should feel proud of myself. So did they, since they contributed in preparing too. Myzura wanted to bet with me, to know who can eat for few rounds. Eventually she couldn’t make it, she’s darned full. Hahaha…never challenge me before you get to know me well. Know your ability, and don’t push too hard, coz it’s gonna hurt.

After that, we headed to Swinburne with a can of surplus tomato puree in my hand (We didn’t pour it all, the gravy was thickening enough).

No comments: